Ways We Integrate
Shiftboard’s products are designed to seamlessly address the complexities of your workforce scheduling needs, which includes integrations with your existing systems. Our customer success team will work with you to ensure the seamless movement of data between systems.
We can integrate with your system(s) in one or more of the following ways:
- Flat-File Import and Export using automated SFTP service or on-demand uploads.
- Pre-Built Integration leveraging out-of-the-box data connectors in systems including Ceridian Dayforce and Kronos Workforce Central.
- Open API Integration using publicly available API protocols for real-time data exchange between systems.
Types of Integrations
The most common types of systems are listed below. If you don’t see what you need here, let’s discuss how we can work with you to find the best solution for your needs.
- Human Capital Management
- Time and Attendance
- Labor Forecasting
- Business Intelligence
- On-Demand Labor Marketplaces
Want to learn more about employee scheduling software?
Frequently Asked Questions
Explore these frequently asked questions our customers have when considering integrations.
What should we consider before exploring integration?
Integration decisions often impact IT strategy and resource investment. Consider the following when determining if integration is necessary:
• Optimized Ecosystems (HR/WFM/Payroll/Scheduling): Are objectives and use cases from all affected departments clear and compelling?
• Change Management: Data originations may shift, potentially affecting business processes.
• Resourcing: Are there dedicated resources available for vendor collaboration, project management, and ongoing maintenance?
• Double Entry: Do the benefits, like time and resource savings, surpass the investment and support needed?
How should we choose among the different integration approaches offered by Shiftboard?
The best approach depends on your organization’s specific use case, technical requirements, and resource availability. Shiftboard uses a consultative approach to tailor our solution to customer’s particular needs. Our team is happy to discuss your specific needs and recommend best practices.
• Flat-file: Quick and easy to deploy and does not require dedicated in-house developer resources. However, it is a point-to-point integration and requires maintenance if data field mapping and logic change often. It is suitable for organizations with limited internal resources, a tight timeline, and standard data requirements that do not change frequently.
• Pre-built Connectors: Ceridian Dayforce and UKG Workforce Central come with standard configurations that are readily established for the most common use cases and data mapping. However, requirements unique to your organization will not be covered and require additional customizations and costs.
• Open API: Provides the greatest flexibility to meet your specific data mapping and formatting needs. However, it is code intensive and requires dedicated in-house developers or third-party system integrator providers. Open API integration suits organizations with a dedicated budget and IT resources to build and maintain the technology.
• Customizations: Data transformations and mapping tables can be used to find custom solutions tailored to business requirements.
How often can data be synchronized across systems?
Data exchange can be scheduled to run daily, weekly, or any other desired frequency.