Food and Beverage
Medical and Pharmaceutical
Consumer Packaged Goods
Automobile and Industrial
Trusted by Leading Manufacturers Worldwide
As many as 2.1 million manufacturing jobs will be unfilled through 2030.
Research into hourly worker job satisfaction revealed that 87% of hourly workers want more control over their schedules.
Scheduling automation can help organizations reduce up to 41% of unplanned overtime.
Align Staffing to Production Plans
Create accurate staffing plans to meet product targets.
- Align staffing demand and skill-mix requirements to production plans.
- Create worker schedules to match your production line schedules.
- Identify staffing gaps in advance and mitigate understaffing issues early.
- Build an adequate pool of workers for backup contingency.
Ensure Smooth Operations
Respond swiftly to call-offs, supply chain disruptions, and other unexpected changes.
- Find coverage quickly with an automatic list of available and qualified workers.
- Assign workers in the order required by plant-specific scheduling procedures.
- Block violations against employment laws, union contracts, and internal policies.
- Notify workers of schedule changes and promote shift openings automatically.
Attract and Retain Workers
Keep workers satisfied and reduce turnover with flexible, transparent, and fair schedules.
- Collect and accommodate worker availability and schedule preferences.
- Allow workers to check schedules, pickup, and trade shifts with online self-service.
- Inform workers about schedule changes in real-time with automatic notifications.
- Build fairness and trust by balancing overtime distribution among employees.
Lower Overtime and Labor Costs
Reduce overtime and overstaffing to drive higher cost-efficiency.
- Prioritize workers based on the least overtime cost implications.
- Uncover schedule moves to fill gaps before resorting to extra overtime and labor.
- Reassign underutilized workers and shuffle them to areas that need them the most.
- Gain clear visibility into current and forecast overtime stats to stay on budget.
5 Reasons Manufacturers Choose Shiftboard
Tailor-Fit Scheduling Automation
Match staffing to production schedules with automated scheduling processes configured to the way each plant and unit operates. Support manufacturing-specific scenarios such as production line changes, worker shuffles, and more.
Versatile toolsets to track and accommodate workers’ availability and shift preferences. Create schedules that different worker types embrace.
Coverage Optimization and Agility
Unlock new coverage possibilities with intelligent scheduling suggestions powered by a robust, always-on optimization engine—purpose-built for operations with dynamic staffing demands and labor pool flexing needs.
Ensure fair hour assignments among employees with exclusive OT detection and equalization mechanisms.
Go beyond rules enforcement and support exceptions management and audit logging. The only compliance guarantee available in the marketplace
At LUSH, we utilize technology to specifically assist in scheduling our staff in a manner that accommodates their needs, while also ensuring that our staffing strategy meets the needs of the business. We will further refine the ways in which we schedule our staff to better serve them, and also help us achieve operational excellence.
Alan Nair, Labor Scheduling Project Lead, LUSH Fresh Handmade Cosmetics
More Manufacturing Industry Insights
How to Flex Your Front-Line Workforce to Meet Demand
In this webinar, you will learn what workforce flexibility means, what it can look like for your organization, and how employee scheduling software can optimize business outcomes and improve the employee experience.
5 Ways Manufacturers Can Improve Workforce Agility
Tap the full potential of employee scheduling to improve workforce agility and ensure production targets are met.