Looking for information on GDPR? Learn about Shiftboard’s compliance with GDPR here.
When Shiftboard receives personal information under the Privacy Shield and then transfers it to a third-party service provider acting as an agent on Shiftboard’s behalf, Shiftboard has certain liability under the Privacy Shield if both (i) the agent processes the information in a manner inconsistent with the Privacy Shield and (ii) Shiftboard is responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
If you have questions or complaints regarding Shiftboard’s Privacy Statement or associated practices, please contact Shiftboard by mail at Shiftboard, Inc. PO Box 21329, Seattle, WA 98111. Or contact Shiftboard at privacy@Shiftboard.com.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Shiftboard commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU and Swiss individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact Shiftboard at firstname.lastname@example.org. Shiftboard commits to cooperate with EU data protection authorities (DPAs) and the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) and comply with the advice given by such authorities with regard to data transferred from the EU and Switzerland.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please use the online dispute resolution platform, (free of charge) at http://ec.europa.eu/odr. All disputes will be resolved by a third party.
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website, you may be entitled to invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
1. Applications and Services Covered
This Privacy Statement covers the information practices, including how the Company collects, uses, shares and secures the personal information you provide, of application and services that link to this Privacy Statement (collectively referred to as “Shiftboard’s Applications” or “the Company’s Applications”).
Shiftboard provides an application (a “forum”) with a variety of networking and productivity tools and opportunities for individuals and organizations. Networking and sharing personal information on Shiftboard is entirely voluntary and can only be the result of registration. When you use this application/website, we collect and store your personal information as provided by you or your employer. We may collect and store the following personal information- name, address, contact numbers, email address, physical contact information, photographs, and sometimes financial information (depending on the service used).
Shiftboard provides a website with a variety of educational tools and opportunities for individuals and organizations to engage and communicate with Shiftboard. Sharing personal information on Shiftboard can only be the result of visiting pages, registration, or an explicit request to communicate with the Shiftboard organization.
Shiftboard’s application and website may contain links to other Web sites. The information practices or the content of such other Web sites is governed by the privacy statements of such other Web sites. The Company encourages you to review the privacy statements of other Web sites to understand their information practices.
2. Shiftboard Data Contact Information
For the purpose of applicable data protection legislation, the data controller of your personal data is Shiftboard, Inc. located in Seattle, WA. Our EU Representative and Data Protection Officer is Fifth Step – email@example.com.
We do not process any sensitive personal data (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) hence do not disclose any such information on or through the application or services or otherwise to us.
Additional information for European Union Users:
- You consent to the processing of your personal data in the United States since our servers are based in the United States.
- You consent to the transfer and processing of your personal data in the United States and the EU.
- You consent and agree that we may transfer your data to data processors located in countries, including the United States, which do not have data protection laws that provide the same level of protection that exists in countries in the European Economic Area. Your consent is voluntary, and you may revoke your consent by opting out at any time. Please note that if you opt-out, we may no longer be able to provide you our services.
- You consent to us sharing your personal data with relevant persons working for service providers who assist us to provide our services.
If you later want to change your consent, contact Shiftboard at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Types of Data Collected Directly from User
- Shiftboard collects and stores personal information when your employer purchases a Shiftboard account, employers will provide personal information to Shiftboard.
- Shiftboard collects and stores personal information whenever you use Shiftboard applications and services that require information persistence, such as scheduling, messaging, task management, and other software program information.
- Shiftboard collects and stores personal information when you register for a Shiftboard demo, webinar or other activity, voluntarily provide personal information, or when you register for other Shiftboard activities.
- Shiftboard collects and stores personal information whenever you use a Shiftboard website that requires information persistence, such as requesting a demo or requesting help from sales or support.
- When expressing an interest in obtaining additional information about the Services or registering for an event, Shiftboard requires you to provide the Company with personal contact information, such as name, company name, address, phone number, and email address (“Required Contact Information”).
- When purchasing the Services or registering for an event, Shiftboard may also require you to provide the Company with financial qualification and billing information, such as billing name and address, credit card number, and the number of employees within the organization that will be using the Services (“Billing Information”).
- Shiftboard may also ask you to provide additional information, such as company annual revenues, number of employees, or industry (“Optional Information”) when speaking to Shiftboard.
- When Visitors apply for a job with the Company, Shiftboard may also require you to submit additional personal information as well as a resume or curriculum vitae (“Applicant Information”).
- Required Contact Information, Billing Information, Applicant Information, Optional Information and any other information you submit to Shiftboard in any electronic or verbal communications are referred to collectively as “Data.”
4. Types of Data Collected Indirectly from User
- Shiftboard servers store information when you visit a Shiftboard service, use our products, or otherwise access a Shiftboard URL. Stored information includes the URL, IP address, browser types and language, and also the date and time of your request.
- The following sets out how shiftboard.com uses different categories of cookies and your options for managing cookies’ settings:
Type of cookies
These cookies are essential to provide you with services and features available through Shiftboard. For example, they allow you to watch videos hosted on the website, register for online webinars, and ensure that your form submissions are processed accordingly. They also allow you to login to secure areas of Shiftboard and help the content of the pages you request load quickly. Without these cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided, and we only use these cookies to provide you with those services.
Analytics and Performance Cookies
These cookies are used to collect website traffic information and how users interact with the Shiftboard website. The information gathered does not identify any individual visitor. Instead, the information is aggregated and made anonymous. Examples of the information includes the number of visitors to Shiftboard.com, the websites or traffic sources that referred users to the website, pages they visited on Shiftboard.com, what time of day they visited Shiftboard, whether they have visited Shiftboard before, and other similar information. We use this information to help operate Shiftboard more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information and to monitor the level of activity on Shiftboard.
The services we use include:
Targeted and advertising cookies
These cookies track your browsing habits to enable Shiftboard to show advertising which is more likely to be of interest to you. These cookies use information about your browsing history to group you with other users who have similar interests. Based on that information, and with our permission, third party advertisers can place cookies to enable them to show advertisements which we think will be relevant to your interests while you are on third party websites.
You can disable cookies which remember your browsing habits and target advertising at you by visiting http://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices. If you choose to remove targeted or advertising cookies, you will still see advertisements but they may not be relevant to you. Even if you do choose to remove cookies by the companies listed at the above link, not all companies that serve online behavioral cookies are included in this list, and so you may still receive some cookies and tailored advertisements from companies that are not listed.
Social Media Cookies
These cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing button or “like” button on shiftboard.com or you link your account or engage with our content on or through a social networking website such as Facebook, Twitter, or Google+. The social network will record that you have done this.
6. Data Processing Rules
- Shiftboard will only process your personal data in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws. We need certain personal data in order to provide you with access to Shiftboard website and product.
- If you created a request for a demo or registered for a webinar, event or requested collateral, you will have been asked to check a tick box indicating your agreement to provide this data in order to access our services, purchase our products, view our content.
- If you created an account with us, you will have been asked to check a tick box indicating your agreement to provide this data in order to access our services, purchase our products, view our content. This consent provides us with the legal basis we require under applicable law to process your data.
- You maintain the right to withdraw such consent at any time. If you do not agree to our use of your personal data in line with this Policy, please do not use our website, application or provide us personal information either over the phone, in email, through web forms or in any other way.
- Shiftboard posts a list of Customers and case studies on the Company’s Web sites that contain information such as Customer names and titles. Shiftboard obtains the consent of each Customer prior to posting any information on such a list or posting testimonials.
7. Sharing of Information Collected
Shiftboard may share Data about Shiftboard Customers with the Company’s contracted service providers so that these service providers can provide services on our behalf. These service providers are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide the requested services to us. Without limiting the foregoing, Shiftboard may also share Data about Customers with the Company’s service providers to ensure the quality of information provided, and with third–party social networking and media Web sites, such as Facebook, for marketing and advertising on those Web sites. Unless described in this Privacy Statement, Shiftboard does not share, sell, rent, or trade any information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
Shiftboard may share Data about Shiftboard’s Visitors, Customers and Attendees with the Company’s contracted service providers so that these service providers can provide services on our behalf. These service providers are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide the requested services to us. Shiftboard stores your information for sales and marketing purposes in HubSpot, Salesforce and Google Analytics. Shiftboard uses third party tools for webinars and hosting videos such as Brighttalk, GotoWebinar, JoinMe, Zoom, and Consensus. Without limiting the foregoing, Shiftboard may also share Data about Shiftboard Visitors, Customers and Attendees with the Company’s service providers to ensure the quality of information provided, and with third–party social networking and media Web sites, such as Facebook, LinkedIn, CrazyEgg, for marketing and advertising on those Web sites. Unless described in this Privacy Statement, Shiftboard does not share, sell, rent, or trade any information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
Shiftboard may share Data about Shiftboard’s Customers and users with the Company’s contracted service providers so that these service providers can provide services on our behalf. These service providers are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide the requested services to us. Shiftboard stores your personal information for product use in Tierpoint, AWS, Salesforce, Pendo, Twilio, Klipfolio, and Droppoint. Shiftboard uses third party tools for messaging such as Twilio. Shiftboard uses third parties for billing and credit card processing such as Intuit, SaaSOptics and Chargify.
We may disclose your personal information to any third party with your prior consent.
Shiftboard maintains contracts with these third parties restricting their access, use and disclosure of personal data in compliance with our Privacy Shield obligations, and Shiftboard may be liable if they fail to meet those obligations and we are responsible for the event giving rise to damage. Shiftboard is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives under the Privacy Shield Framework and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. Shiftboard complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU and Switzerland, including the onward transfer liability provision.
Shiftboard uses a third-party service provider to manage credit card processing. This service provider is not permitted to store, retain, or use Billing Information except for the sole purpose of credit card processing on the Company’s behalf.
Shiftboard reserves the right to use or disclose information provided if required by law or if the Company reasonably believes that use or disclosure is necessary to protect the Company’s rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, Shiftboard is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, Shiftboard may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
8. International Transfer of Information Collected
Your data, including personal data that we collect from you, may be transferred to, stored at and processed by us parties and our affiliates and other third parties outside the country in which you reside, including, but not limited to the United States, where data protection and privacy regulations may not offer the same level of protection as in other parts of the world. By using our product, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
9. Communications Preferences, Opt Out and Unsubscribe Information
Shiftboard offers Visitors, Customers, and Attendees who provide contact information a means to choose how the Company uses the information provided. You may manage your receipt of marketing and non-transactional communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of the Company’s marketing emails. Additionally, you may unsubscribe here or by contacting us using the information in the “Contacting Us” section below.
10. Data Retention
We will only retain your personal data as long as reasonably required for you to use the Application(s) and/or to provide you with the service, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law (for example, for regulatory purposes).
11. Automatic Decision Making
We do not use your personal data for the purposes of automated decision-making. However, we may do so in order to fulfill obligations imposed by law, in which case we will inform you of any such processing and provide you with an opportunity to object.
12. Rights to Your Personal Data
Opt-out (Right to Restrict Processing). You may contact us anytime to opt-out of: (i) direct marketing communications; (ii) automated decision-making and/or profiling; (iii) our collection of sensitive personal data; (iv) any new processing of your personal data that we may carry out beyond the original purpose; or (v) the transfer of your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA). Please note that your use of some of the Shiftboard website and product may be ineffective upon opt-out.
Access (Right to be informed, Right of Access) – You may access the data we hold about you at any time via your account by contacting us directly at email@example.com.
Amend (Right to Rectification) – You can also contact us to update or correct any inaccuracies in your personal data (applicable for website users). Registered users of Shiftboard product may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information in their User account by contacting their employer. In some cases users can update some of their personal information in the Shiftboard product. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. If your employer completely deletes all of your Personal Information, then your User account may become deactivated, and you may no longer be able to utilize the product. If you have contacted Shiftboard for sales or marketing purposes and you need your personal information updated, you can contact us to change or delete your information.
Move (Right to Data Portability) – Your data is portable – i.e. you to have the flexibility to move your data to other service providers as you wish.
Erase and forget (Right to Erasure). In certain situations, for example when the data we hold about you is no longer relevant or is incorrect, you can request that we/ your employer (in case of Shiftboard Product users) erase your data.
13. Changes to This Privacy Statement
14. Contacting Us
Questions regarding this Privacy Statement or the information practices of the Company’s Web sites and Services should be directed to Shiftboard Privacy by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mailing us at: Shiftboard, Inc. P.O. Box 21329, Seattle, WA 98111