Hospitals & Clinics
Transitional & Rehabilitation Care
Nursing Homes & Senior Living
Trusted by Leading Healthcare Providers
Studies project a shortage of 510,000 registered nurses by 2030.
64% of healthcare professionals said better flexibility and work-life balance are key considerations that would attract them to a new employer.
Healthcare labor shortages and high caseloads have driven a 52% increase in overtime hours compared to pre-pandemic levels.
Safeguard Caregivers’ Well-Being
Cultivate a happy and engaged workforce by offering nurses greater flexibility, fairness, and influence over their schedules.
- Post new shifts and allow eligible nurses to automatically see and request them.
- Optimize schedules based on caregivers’ shift preferences.
- Evenly distribute overtime to provide equal work opportunities and avoid burnout.
Ensure Shift Coverage
Take the hassle out of filling last-minute shifts to meet changing patient loads.
- Give nursing leads a real-time view of coverage gaps that require rapid response.
- Find backfills quickly with an auto-generated list of available, qualified, and willing workers.
- Promote and track shift acceptance with automated calls, SMS, email, and mobile apps.
Lower Overtime Costs
Drive higher cost-efficiency by tapping hidden resources before incurring overtime.
- Place limits on nurses’ schedulable hours to avoid excessive overtime.
- Automatically schedule shifts with eligible employees who have lower overtime cost implications.
- Shuffle nurses across multiple posts to reduce overtime hours.
5 Reasons Nursing Directors Choose Shiftboard
Day-Of Shift Coverage Tools
Fill shifts quickly and accurately to ensure every shift is filled by a nurse with the right skills and certifications. View coverage gaps and real-time schedule status to ensure coverage across all departments.
Fast, Efficient Scheduling
Free up scheduling leads for higher value activities by automating key steps in the scheduling process such as shift assignments, call-out management and more.
Real-Time Staff Communication
Streamline communication with your nurses without having to hit the phone tree every time there’s a last-minute change. Instead, stay connected with automated calls, alerts and notifications for new shifts and last-minute updates.
Employee Self-Serve Access
Enable your nurse staff to view their schedules, confirm new shift assignments and trade shifts to save time and reduce headaches for both nurses and schedulers.
Union Agreements Compliance
Accurately enforce all union agreement restrictions to avoid grievances, litigation, and penalties. The only compliance guarantee available in the marketplace.
By mandating the use of Shiftboard throughout the organization, the cost of manager overtime has been cut almost in half.Jared Hammond, Technology
What Would You Like to Do Next?
Talk with Us
We’ll be in touch for a short conversation about your workforce scheduling challenges and how we can help.
Learn More About Software
See how Shiftboard helps you keep operations running smoothly, optimize resources, and boost worker engagement.