Manage Nurse Scheduling and
Hospitals & Clinics
Transitional & Rehabilitation Care
Nursing Homes & Senior Living
Trusted by Leading Healthcare Providers
Studies project a shortage of 510,000 registered nurses by 2030.
64% of healthcare professionals said better flexibility and work-life balance are key considerations that would attract them to a new employer.
Healthcare labor shortages and high caseloads have driven a 52% increase in overtime hours compared to pre-pandemic levels.
Safeguard Caregivers’ Well-Being
Cultivate a happy and engaged workforce by offering nurses greater flexibility, fairness, and influence over their schedules.
- Post new shifts and allow eligible nurses to see and request them instantly.
- Optimize schedules based on caregivers’ indicated shift preferences.
- Empower nursing staff with the ability to influence their work schedule and select shifts.
Ensure Shift Coverage
Take the hassle out of filling last-minute shifts to meet changing patient loads.
- Give nursing leads a real-time view of coverage gaps that require rapid response.
- Find backfills quickly with an auto-generated list of available, qualified, and willing workers.
- Promote and track shift acceptance with SMS, emails, and mobile apps.
Lower Overtime Costs
Drive higher cost-efficiency by tapping hidden resources before incurring overtime.
- Place limits on nurses’ schedulable hours to avoid excessive overtime.
- Automatically schedule shifts with eligible employees who have lower overtime cost implications.
- View expected overtime costs to ensure you stay on track with goals and budget.
5 Reasons Why Nursing Directors Choose Shiftboard
Day-Of Shift Coverage Tools
Fill shifts quickly and accurately to ensure every shift is filled by a nurse with the right skills and certifications. View coverage gaps and real-time schedule status to ensure coverage across all departments.
Fast, Efficient Scheduling
Free up scheduling leads for higher value activities by automating key steps in the scheduling process such as shift assignments, call-out management, and more.
Easy Float Pool Management
Use one central schedule to ease the complexity of float pool scheduling and avoid double-booking staff across multiple locations.
Real-Time Staff Communication
Streamline communication with your nurses without having to hit the phone tree every time there’s a last-minute change. Instead, stay connected with automated calls, text messages, alerts, and notifications announcing new shifts and last-minute updates.
Self-Serve Employee Access
Save time and reduce scheduling headaches for nurses and schedulers by empowering staff to view their schedules on-demand, confirm new shift assignments instantly, and trade shifts with confidence.
How Scheduling Technology Relieves Staffing Challenges of Long-Term Care
Learn how employee scheduling software helps ensure long-term care providers can remain focused on care.
3 Benefits Employee Scheduling Software Brings to Healthcare
Learn about the top ways healthcare providers benefit when staff scheduling software is implemented.
By mandating the use of Shiftboard throughout the organization, the cost of manager overtime has been cut almost in half.Jared Hammond, Technology