For many innovative organizations, worker-centric scheduling is key to improving hourly employee retention and solving other business challenges. Shiftboard’s “State of the Hourly Worker” report provides insight into why addressing employee preferences will be key in 2020 and beyond.
This infographic breaks down key findings from the report in the context of worker-centric scheduling. It covers the real meaning of flexibility and shows what hourly employees really want in a work schedule by showing valuable data on worker preferences.
It also answers your most pressing questions, including:
- What does hourly worker turnover have to do with psychology?
- What’s your relationship with your employees costing you?
- How does scheduling affect relationships within the company?
Growing demand for long-term care and a shortage of qualified workers are forcing administrators for community services, supportive housing programs, and assisted living facilities to improve operations efficiencies or risk having to turn people away. Download our guide to learn five important reasons long-term care facilities need employee scheduling software, including:
- Creating and communicating staff schedules in less time
- Managing employee requests & last-minute schedule changes
- Improving employee retention & quality of care
In the healthcare industry, workforce scheduling can be extremely time consuming and complex. Whether scheduling in short or long-term healthcare facilities, optimizing staffing costs must be carefully balanced with quality of service and labor compliance across several worker roles and multiple locations. Find out how scheduling automation can help you:
- Manage overtime costs
- Ensure optimal coverage
- Decrease staff burnout and turnover
- Seamlessly schedule full-time, part-time, and contingent workers
Predictive scheduling laws affect employers across the country, and the number of jurisdictions passing these laws is rising. Managing compliance to these employment laws is a complex process, and penalties for violating the new rules are significant. As a result, companies are turning to technology and data to help them more efficiently create and maintain compliant worker schedules.
Join the webinar to learn the top things you need to know about predictive scheduling. In this 30-minute webinar, we’ll share key information about the new laws, including:
- Predictive scheduling at a glance
- Impact of predictive scheduling laws
- What’s coming for 2019
- How technology can help
Want to learn how to create an employee schedule that also helps lower costs and improve worker satisfaction?
In this webinar, you’ll learn:
- How to apply a strategic framework to employee scheduling
- The four phases of the employee scheduling lifecycle, and the key factors influencing each phase
- Tips for success in assigning employee shifts, managing and communicating change, and reporting on processes and efficiencies
Whether you’re an operations leader looking to improve retention, or a scheduling manager needing to move beyond spreadsheets — our employee scheduling tool kit has the resources you need to start transforming your workforce scheduling process.
Download the Employee Scheduling Tool Kit and gain permanent access to insights and best-practices for reducing labor costs, increasing productivity and decreasing turnover through strategic employee scheduling.
- Video: How to Create the Best Employee Schedule
- Customer Story: Employee Scheduling Impact
- Guide: Strategic Employee Scheduling
- Webinar: ROI of Scheduling Automation
With new scheduling tools popping up daily, there’s no wonder why so many businesses are confused with where to start. We suggest asking the following seven questions before choosing a scheduling automation provider.
- Figure out what you need to be successful with your scheduling solution
- How scheduling impacts your revenue
- Scheduling automation and manager productivity
- Scheduling automation’s effect on disengagement
Scheduling automation is more than replacing spreadsheets and post-it notes with a better tool. Armed with the right solution, organizations, across multiple industries, are realizing bottom line benefits by automating manual tasks and adopting a strategic approach to scheduling.
This guide will help you see how scheduling automation can truly transform your business. You will read how automating employee scheduling leads to:
- Reduced labor costs
- Streamlined operations
- Improved worker retention
- Happier customers
Our employee scheduling infographic shares the 7 steps to successful staff shift schedules, including facts about the shift-based workforce!
- Learn how to build the best possible schedule
- Shift assignment tips that will benefit both you and your employees
- How to forecast and plan for change
Our employee scheduling checklist breaks down the scheduling process into 4 easy-to-follow steps. It also showcases best practices and helps ensure that you don’t miss a crucial step in the employee schedule creation process.
- How to create the best employee schedule
- Things to consider when assigning shifts
- Change management best practices
- Helpful tools to best measure, learn, and adjust the schedule period