After a number of high-profile incidences, the American Petroleum Institute introduced the RP 755 rules as employee fatigue prevention guidelines for the refining and petrochemical industries.
Download this white paper to learn how oil and gas companies proactively stay compliant with RP 755 and PHMSA regulations with employee scheduling technology:
- Get an overview of the RP 755 guidelines
- Find out which petroleum companies are fully RP 755 (and PHMSA) compliant
- Learn how a staff scheduling solution can simplify RP 755 management
PHMSA’s CFR 49 states that pipeline operators need to schedule their shifts in a manner that allows each controller enough off-duty time to achieve 8 hours of continuous sleep.
Find out how you can automatically increase compliance for Parts 192 and 195 and be more efficient by:
- Ensuring pipeline controllers have enough off-duty time
- Having sufficient breaks between shifts, including an employee’s commuting time
- Staying within the maximum number of work hours
- Tracking deviations from the guidelines for internal or external safety audits
With the new second edition of API’s RP 755 guidelines coming out, petroleum and petrochemical companies will need to find how to best manage these changes. Also, the USW has now mandated all its facilities to have a fatigue risk management system (FRMS) in place within a year.
Watch this informative webinar with industry experts from Goodhart Consulting and SchedulePro to:
- Learn about upcoming changes to RP 755 Second Edition
- Discover ways to simplify and automate RP 755 management with an FRMS solution
- Find the path to faster compliance for the USW’s FRMS deadline
Demystifying and managing API’s RP 755 guidelines is a challenge for most oil and gas companies.
Watch this informative webinar hosted by AFPM featuring industry experts from SchedulePro and Goodhart Consulting.
- Get a refresher on RP 755 guidelines and how they came to be
- Understand the key challenges of complying with RP 755
- Learn how a super major oil company simplifies RP 755, with best practices and lessons learned
While global petroleum companies invest heavily in capital assets such as infrastructure and machinery, they can forget about their most valuable asset: their employees. Shell Oil recognized a need to increase workforce safety through fatigue management, while reducing labor costs for thousands of employees.
Download this case study to learn how Shell automated an inefficient employee scheduling system and saves their organization millions in efficiency and labor costs, while enhancing safety by following industry guidelines.
- Saved $3M+ per year compared to previous system
- Deployed to 9 sites in under 12 months
- Manages 5,000 employees using SchedulePro
- Became fully RP 755 compliant across the organization (first and only)
- Evaluated 25 prospective vendors before choosing SchedulePro
Boardwalk Pipeline Partners who manage 24M barrels of natural gas moved away from labor-intensive spreadsheet and pen and paper scheduling to software that cuts in half their time spent on scheduling.
Download this case study to learn more about the challenges that Boardwalk Pipeline faced, how SchedulePro was implemented and ultimately solved those challenges.
- Reduced time spent on staff scheduling by 50%
- Implemented and live within 3 months
- Complies with PHMSA CRM hours of service rules