A Big Three U.S. auto manufacturer’s plants were spending up to 40 hours a week managing employee schedules using a manual process. Adding to the complexity, they had to ensure they followed United Auto Worker (UAW) union rules and a number of safety regulations.
Download this case study to learn how this manufacturer drastically reduced the amount of time required to schedule employees, streamlined the number of staff needed to manage schedules and reduced the amount spent on overtime labor costs annually. All while reducing the number of employee complaints due to errors.
- Shortened time spent on employee scheduling from 40 hours to 8 hours per week
- Reduced scheduling complaints by 93 percent
- Saved $800/employee annually in grievance costs
- Saved $1.5 million in unnecessary overtime within the first year of implementation
While global petroleum companies invest heavily in capital assets such as infrastructure and machinery, they can forget about their most valuable asset: their employees. Shell Oil recognized a need to increase workforce safety through fatigue management, while reducing labor costs for thousands of employees.
Download this case study to learn how Shell automated an inefficient employee scheduling system and saves their organization millions in efficiency and labor costs, while enhancing safety by following industry guidelines.
- Saved $3M+ per year compared to previous system
- Deployed to 9 sites in under 12 months
- Manages 5,000 employees using SchedulePro
- Became fully RP 755 compliant across the organization (first and only)
- Evaluated 25 prospective vendors before choosing SchedulePro
Quebec has the largest number of prisons in Canada, with 22 correctional facilities scattered across the province. They manage almost 4,000 hourly employees, which made them realize the need for a more efficient scheduling solution that could adapt to their diverse needs.
Download this case study to learn why Quebec needed a staff scheduling solution, how SchedulePro was implemented, and the time savings they have benefited from.
- Scheduling time reduced by 50%
- Implemented in all 22 sites of the province in under 6 months
- Full bilingual access (English & French)
Boardwalk Pipeline Partners who manage 24M barrels of natural gas moved away from labor-intensive spreadsheet and pen and paper scheduling to software that cuts in half their time spent on scheduling.
Download this case study to learn more about the challenges that Boardwalk Pipeline faced, how SchedulePro was implemented and ultimately solved those challenges.
- Reduced time spent on staff scheduling by 50%
- Implemented and live within 3 months
- Complies with PHMSA CRM hours of service rules
Alberta Justice and Solicitor General’s correctional services division is responsible for 10 provincial correctional centers. The province also has the largest remand centre in Canada, and manages up to 1,900 inmates with 800 employees to supervise them.
Download this case study to learn why Alberta needed to simplify their staff scheduling system to cut labor costs, increase efficiency and comply with AUPE union rules.
- Eliminated 41,000 overtime hours in one facility alone
- Significantly reduced administrative hours spent on schedule management and time entry
- Drastically improved business processes and operational procedures
- Started with most complex site and rolling out to 9 additional sites
Each month, University of California Berkeley’s Athletic (Cal) ticket office management fills hundreds of slots with student workers. Inconsistent student availability, a 20-hour-per-student limit, and frequent event schedule changes added to the complexity. After switching to Shiftboard Cal can now easily schedule 2000+ events a year with student workers.
Download the full case study and learn how Cal was able to achieve:
- Increased satisfaction by enabling students to check and sign up for schedules in advance
- Enhanced communication by broadcasting schedule changes instantly
- Implemented a new event scheduling software system with no training required for staff
The Seattle International Film Festival (SIFF), a 25-day annual festival with 600 screening events requires coordination across a dozen venues throughout the city. In addition, SIFF Cinema exhibits premiere theatrical engagements and film showings 365 days a year at three different venues, reaching an audience of more than 300,000 viewers every year. Using Shiftboard SIFF has been able to successfully schedule 4,500 positions each year.
Download the full case study and learn how SIFF was able to achieve:
- Easy, 24-hour online scheduling of volunteers and paid workers
- Ability to handle large volumes of shifts
- Powerful reporting to track hours worked and percentage of coverage
Wellness Corporate Solutions (WCS) provides health screenings, health coaching, flu vaccines, and comprehensive employee wellness programs to clients ranging from small law firms to Fortune 100 companies. WCS staffs these events with a nationwide network of highly skilled, mobile healthcare professionals. After switching to Shiftboard, WCS has been able to manage events more efficiently and provide even more attention to each client.
Download the full case study and learn how WCS was able to achieve:
- Eliminated the need for 3 full-time positions saving $107k annually
- Increased visibility into recruiting efforts with powerful reporting
- Increased client base by 11x
Living Resources, a world-class care facility for those with developmental disabilities, adopted Shiftboard’s ScheduleFlex to solve their schedule complexities. Focusing on schedule automation, overtime reduction, and workforce transparency, Living Resources reduced their labor costs and improved their scheduling methodology.
Download the full case study and learn how Living Resources was able to achieve:
- Improved labor costs by cutting manager overtime by 47%
- Saved 10-15 hours per week by simplifying their scheduling process
- Automated recertification to notify staff when they need to sign up for training
Koch Industries conducts an annual, complex HR recruiting campaign at universities throughout the Southeast and Midwest. Phone and voicemail, excel spreadsheets, and inadequate scheduling tools left the recruiters overwhelmed. Shiftboard simplified their system by storing all recruiting information in one place, automating tasks, and providing visibility through detailed reports.
Download the full case study to learn how Koch Industries was able to achieve:
- Increased visibility into recruiting efforts with powerful reporting tools
- Streamlined operations by storing all recruiting information in one location
- Improved satisfaction from applicants and recruiting team members