Each month, University of California Berkeley’s Athletic (Cal) ticket office management fills hundreds of slots with student workers. Inconsistent student availability, a 20-hour-per-student limit, and frequent event schedule changes added to the complexity. After switching to Shiftboard Cal can now easily schedule 2000+ events a year with student workers.
Download the full case study and learn how Cal was able to achieve:
- Increased satisfaction by enabling students to check and sign up for schedules in advance
- Enhanced communication by broadcasting schedule changes instantly
- Implemented a new event scheduling software system with no training required for staff
The Seattle International Film Festival (SIFF), a 25-day annual festival with 600 screening events requires coordination across a dozen venues throughout the city. In addition, SIFF Cinema exhibits premiere theatrical engagements and film showings 365 days a year at three different venues, reaching an audience of more than 300,000 viewers every year. Using Shiftboard SIFF has been able to successfully schedule 4,500 positions each year.
Download the full case study and learn how SIFF was able to achieve:
- Easy, 24-hour online scheduling of volunteers and paid workers
- Ability to handle large volumes of shifts
- Powerful reporting to track hours worked and percentage of coverage
Wellness Corporate Solutions (WCS) provides health screenings, health coaching, flu vaccines, and comprehensive employee wellness programs to clients ranging from small law firms to Fortune 100 companies. WCS staffs these events with a nationwide network of highly skilled, mobile healthcare professionals. After switching to Shiftboard, WCS has been able to manage events more efficiently and provide even more attention to each client.
Download the full case study and learn how WCS was able to achieve:
- Eliminated the need for 3 full-time positions saving $107k annually
- Increased visibility into recruiting efforts with powerful reporting
- Increased client base by 11x
Living Resources, a world-class care facility for those with developmental disabilities, adopted Shiftboard to solve their schedule complexities. Focusing on schedule automation, overtime reduction, and workforce transparency, Living Resources reduced their labor costs and improved their scheduling methodology.
Download the full case study and learn how Living Resources was able to achieve:
- Improved labor costs by cutting manager overtime by 47%
- Saved 10-15 hours per week by simplifying their scheduling process
- Automated recertification to notify staff when they need to sign up for training
Koch Industries conducts an annual, complex HR recruiting campaign at universities throughout the Southeast and Midwest. Phone and voicemail, excel spreadsheets, and inadequate scheduling tools left the recruiters overwhelmed. Shiftboard simplified their system by storing all recruiting information in one place, automating tasks, and providing visibility through detailed reports.
Download the full case study to learn how Koch Industries was able to achieve:
- Increased visibility into recruiting efforts with powerful reporting tools
- Streamlined operations by storing all recruiting information in one location
- Improved satisfaction from applicants and recruiting team members
Praetorian USA specializes in providing exceptional event staff and security services at venues of all shapes and sizes. With 800 contractors at 130+ locations, Praetorian was increasingly overwhelmed with the event staffing complexities required to staff over 400 events every year. Using Shiftboard, Praetorian was able to streamline its operation while growing its business by 150%.
Download the full case study and learn how Praetorian was able to achieve:
- On-the-go access empowered workforce engagement throughout the organization
- Billable hours have increased by 10% per year
- Mobile scheduling capabilities streamlined operations
Bloodworks Northwest (BWNW) supplies blood and lab services for three states. Their dispersed operation involves scheduling a scattered and diverse volunteer base for positions requiring a variety of skills and certifications across a wide geographical area. Using Shiftboard, BWNW is able to coordinate 3,000 active volunteers across 12 regions.
Download the full case study and learn how BWNW was able to achieve:
- Optimized a volunteer-driven supply chain across 3 states
- Ensured regulatory compliance
- Increased capacity and expanded operations to better fulfill their mission
Maker Faire is a festival that has been called “The Greatest Show (and Tell) on Earth.” The event’s broad appeal resulted in exponential growth-expanding from a one-city event with 22,000 attendees in 2006 to a bi-coastal festival with 235,000+ visitors just a decade later. Using Shiftboard, Maker Faire was also able to reduce their event management and scheduling admin time by 70%
Download the full case study and learn how Maker Faire was able to achieve:
- Reduced time spent on legal compliance processes by 50%
- Helped organizers manage more than 560% growth in 10 years
- Centralized event staff & vendor coordination & communication